Cerebral Palsy Midlands are so excited to finally share...
Our very own Sarah Lilly, has been selected as a Baton bearer for the Birmingham 2022 Queen's Baton Relay in the West Midlands on 26th July 2022 ahead of the Commonwealth games.
Sarah's segment will start at 18:36 from 2 Mill Ln, Solihull B91 3AX and will finish at 30 Drury Ln, Mell Square, Solihull B91 3BG.
On the Day
Family and friends are encouraged to position themselves at the start or end of your segment location to get the best vantage point.
Along with thousands of other inspiring Baton bearers, Sarah will take part in this once in a lifetime opportunity and carry the Baton as it continues its epic journey around England.
Sarah was nominated for her commitment and work in inclusion, both voluntary and paid. Her passion to support and advocate for people with disability and her role at Harborne charity Cerebral Palsy Midlands as Development Officer. Some of Sarah’s triumphs include:
• Organising the ‘Wheel’n’Walk’ sponsored for Inclusion in Birmingham and getting other charities and organisations to be involved. Shining a light on the service we provide to our disabled community.
• Organising holidays for adults with disability that would otherwise not have the opportunity.
• Getting Cerebral Palsy Midlands known in our local community with events like the “Summer Sizzler community fete” that have been hugely successful in opening our centre to the community to see the great work we do.
• During the COVID-19 Lockdown Sarah set up an online activity programme for citizens, staff, and carers to stay connected as part of our outreach work. Activities that included quizzes, wheelchair dance, tai chi, storytelling, quizzes, singing, art and more. It was very impactful, and we have grown our community through this new online presence and made some very great friends.
• Sarah has set up carer’s groups, volunteer groups, support for those that need it.
Sarah said; “Being nominated is both amazing, I have been sent my Baton bearer uniform and I'm extremely grateful for the nomination and completely understand my deserving for it. My work and life experience in disability, a mother and sister and daughter to disability. My drive for advocacy and equality, my determination, my strength to support others, and my zest for life when I have it. I can do so much with my enthusiasm and passion to create magnificent things and bring about positive change and impact to people’s lives.”
Next week, Sarah will be proudly taking part in the baton relay race. CPM hope to see you all supporting and cheering her on the big day!
If you want more information about this years activities please contact our Development Officer Sarah Lilly, you can email email@example.com or telephone 0121 427 3182 (ext.3).